Reminder: *NEW* Attendance Reward Program!
Why are we doing this:
To motivate you to get regular fitness and reward you for being awesome! We like seeing you! The prizes will be constantly switched to focused on adventure, new experiences, and putting your fitness to use!
How it works:
- You must attend a minimum of 30 times (classes of any kind or ECCF outside events) in 3 months to qualify for entry. Massage, nutrition talks, happy hour, open gym, mobility, OLY, and running ALL COUNT! Having your wellness complete and well rounded is our goal so we want you to take advantage of supplemental rest and rehab work too! We will count chiro visits too - just keep us in the loop!
- The top 10 attendees who have more than 30 attendances will be entered for each attendance beyond 30 for a chance to win .....something awesome every 3 months!
- First drawing is a 40 minute Helicopter Tour with Helicopters Northwest for up to 3 people as well as a $20 gift card to Chucks Hop Shop for after the flight!!
- The winner for this season (3 month block) will be drawn at the ECCF 6 Year Member Appreciation Party - Saturday, JUNE 16th 6:30pm - 9:30pm at the gym!
- Must be present to win!
- We are including March, April, and May for this drawing - so get your butt in the door!
THIS SATURDAY, May 19th (11:15am-12pm)
FREE Muscle Up & Dip Progression Workshop with Coach Stephanie. Don't have muscle ups? Don't worry! This workshop will help get you on the path towards your first! Maybe it will happen Saturday?!
Coach Travis only has 2 Monday's left at ECCF! Tonight and next week. Try to make it in for one of his final classes!
Join us! On Wednesday, May 9th
7:00pm - 9:00pm at The BottleNeck Lounge
-Cheers to New Beginnings with Coach Travis-
As many of you already know, Coach Travis is looking to make more time and space for other things and open new doors with his busy life personal and professional. As sad as we are, we support him and want the best for him.
His last day is May 21st! Let's send him off right!
Fran was hard. Shout out Adam for the PR/red time at 5:26rx!
The story of "Fran."
The member of the month for May is, Chris Clarke! Chris became a member at ECCF in July of 2017. Chris is a regular in the mornings! When he doesn't decide to sleep in... All jokes aside, Chris always brings his best and likes to compete! He is one of the first to go around after the workout and congradulate people on their effort. Chris definitely brings the spirit of CrossFit! keep an eye out for him in the mornings. If you see a "Training for my Dad Bod" t-shirt, you found him!
Scroll down to get to know more about Chris!
In general, what is your athletic background? Long distance running (but only in high school and running sucks now) and basketball
How did you learn about Emerald City CrossFit (ECCF) ? Inshiya and I just walked in on the fourth of July last year with our dogs after moving to Seattle in June. Melinda was excited to meet the dogs so that was that.
How has ECCF changed your life, lifestyle, and level of fitness? This is cliche, I'm sure, but the people here are just the best. It's made moving to Seattle even better! As for fitness, I still have my dadbod (you're welcome Travis), but I definitely feel much better :)
List short/long term goals you would like to accomplish through ECCF: Short term - get better at the movements I suck at (HSPU, pistols) Long term - dunk
What do you like most about ECCF? The people, coaches and environment!
What is your favorite CrossFit movement? Kettle bell swings
What is your least favorite CrossFit movement? Snatches
Favorite WOD: Helen!
What are you currently doing to try to improve your nutrition? Eat less pizza
Favorite movie: Trading Places
Favorite and/or current book: Contagious
Favorite music genre/artist: Radiohead
What do you like to do outside the gym? Basketball, enjoy Seattle's food/cocktail scene, travel
In 10 words or less, what does CrossFit mean to you? Wake up too early and get sweaty with friends.
Does anyone else miss KB snatches? #tbt